[Noisebridge-discuss] booting off of a thumb drive?

meredith scheff satiredun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 22:03:51 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I have a copy of OSX Snow Lepoard that I'm trying to install off of a thumb
drive, as my optical is busted. I am following these directions:
http://www.maciverse.com/install-os-x-snow-leopard-from-usb-flash-drive.html
but having issues- it won't install. If I hold alt while booting, it doesn't
show up as a bootable drive, if I select the image off the thumbdrive and
try to run it, it asks to restart and then goes back to my regular desktop
after restarting.
Can anyone give me some pointers?
Best
Mer