[Noisebridge-discuss] Social Network Hacking

Lilia Markham liliakai at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 12:42:05 UTC 2010

Disclaimer: I in no way assume any form of responsibility for this project.
It's honestly just a crazy idea I thought of a few minutes ago.

When individuals are asked what they love about Noisebridge, I think one
common answer (pending poll results) is "the people." But how well do you
actually know said people? How many of them do you know? What does the NB
social graph look like? What are our common interests and communal values?

All this and more can be explored with a custom Noisebridge social network!
Features of this social network might include:

Names and pictures, one of the easiest ways to help build a sense of
community.
Ability to "check in" when you come to Noisebridge.
"Excellence," a per-user quantity affected positively by donating, paying
member dues and checking in; also bestowable from one user to another.
Cannot be affected negatively(?).

Possibly a few other features, feel free to suggest some...but speaking in
design terms, I'd rather have another Twitter (actually old twitter) than
another Facebook, ifyaknowhatimean.

-Lilia