[Noisebridge-discuss] Vending Machine

Nicholas Iannone knyck2 at mac.com
Thu Dec 23 19:07:48 UTC 2010

So I have a guy who will sell us a soda machine which is a Dixie 368 Soda Vending Machine:

pretty sure this is it:

http://www.vendingmachinesworldwide.com/dixie-narco-368-siid-can-soda-vending-machine-dixie-368-siid.aspx

for $400 bucks

I'd rent a zipcar that's a truck and pick the machine up in Benicia, CA (about 50 min away)

zipcar costs are $11.50 /hr x 3hrs = $34.50

This is the ad I called (i think the guys name is gary):

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/2117064488.html

he offers 90 day warranty and he says it's quiet. the machine supposedly can handle both cans and bottled water.

It can charge any price between a nickel and $9.95 but all items have to be priced the same.

here are the features, pay attention to the last one:

from http://www.compvend.com/equipment/Dixie368.htm:
Machine Data
Dimensions 72"H x 37"W x 29"D

Weight 675 lbs.

Electrical 115 VAC 60 Hz. 11.5 AMPS

Selections 8 Items

Capacity 376 12 oz. Units

Column Configuration 4 Wide / 62 Cans : 4 Narrow / 32 Cans

Pricing Individual $.05 to $9.95

Coinage Mars or Conlux Coin Mech and $ Bill Acceptor

Newly Designed Merchandising Door
Triple-Depth High-Capacity Can Vending
Large Package Delivery Door
Simple Field-Conversion for Different Packages
Multi-Pricing Capability
Historical & Interval Accounting Data
Automatic Service Diagnostics
CFC Free, Lint Tolerant, 1/3 HP Refrigeration System
Attractive "Can on Ice" Graphics* W00t!
Costs:

Vending Machine: 				 $400.00
zipcar costs are $11.50 /hr x 3hrs :     $34.50
Timer to save electrical costs: 	  +     $16.51  http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SA110-Heavy-Appliance-Timer/dp/B000DZC226/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1293130282&sr=8-1
grand total :                                          $451.01

seeing as we have $460 committed on the Wiki we have enough to do this.