[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge wikipedia article deleted

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:39:03 UTC 2010

Wow, that's complete fail.

I'm not sure what notability means anymore. I mean, you're not supposed to
edit your own Wikipedia page, which sort of makes sense to prevent inclusion
of extraneous details, but on the other hand, it also means that if someone
writes libel or incorrect information, according to policy you can't easily
fix it.

I didn't realize that extended to preventing members of a group from writing
about what their group does. That's just stupid. Can anyone chime in to
defend Wikipedia?