[Noisebridge-discuss] Christmas tree (against)

Ian McKellar ian at mckellar.org
Sun Dec 5 01:10:00 UTC 2010

Perhaps they would offend the Christians?

Surely though, one of the joys of a shared space like Noisebridge (and
a diverse city like San Francisco) is everyone bringing and sharing
their traditions.

I just wish I could somehow bring the Australian Christmas tradition
of beach weather...

Ian

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Sai <noisebridge at saizai.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Rachel McConnell <rachel at xtreme.com> wrote:
>>
>> Xmas is not everyone's holiday and I'd just as soon Noisebridge not take
>> sides, as it were.  I know that non-Christians in the USA are pretty
>> inured to Xmas (and Easter) if only out of self-defense, but I hope that
>> Noisebridge will not force a holiday on people who prefer not to
>> celebrate it.
>
> FWIW, "Christmas trees" have nothing to do with the Christian religion.
> They're a pagan fertility celebration.
> - Sai

Ian McKellar  <http://ian.mckellar.org/>
ian at mckellar.org: email | jabber | msn
ianloic: flickr | aim | yahoo | skype | linkedin | etc.