[Noisebridge-discuss] Broadband in SF: Comcast or Sonic?

jim jim at systemateka.com
Mon Dec 6 20:44:43 UTC 2010

   Sonic is smaller, more home grown. Comcast is big, big,
with policies to match: the bigger they are, the tighter
the policies. Myself, I wouldn't get Comcast under any
conditions.
   Sonic offers static IP addresses that are clear of port
restrictions (e.g. the worst case, restricting port 25,
the email port).
   If I were looking, I'd hope to be able to use Monkey
Brains
http://www.monkeybrains.net/
   I believe access to their service is not city-wide.
   Currently I'm using Speakeasy (about $60 per month
for static IP, no port constraints, good service).