[Noisebridge-discuss] Broadband in SF: Comcast or Sonic?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 21:01:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:27 PM, David Stein <dcstein77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I pay $66/month for Comcast broadband in SF.  I forget if I have their
> "basic" TV service -- I don't use it though.
>
> Sonic.net has their "Fusion" product for $51/month.  It includes home
> phone service.
>
> Besides price, are there reasons to choose one over the other?

Rather than compare Comcast and Sonic, you may try searching for comparisons
of ADSL versus Cable.

Fusion is a newer ADSL standard, aka ADSL2+ . FYI AFAIK, Sonic.net's
Fusion/ADSL2+ is not $51 a month with home phone service, its $39.95 + TAX
for a phone line (which makes it $51), which is an interesting aside because
now apparently they are somehow a telecom, and not just an ISP...

-rma