[Noisebridge-discuss] Partisan definition

d p fenn weasel at meer.net
Thu Dec 9 00:21:07 UTC 2010

i really should know better...

Le Dec 8, 2010 à 3:49 PM, Christie Dudley a écrit :

> This word has come up quite a lot in discussions recently, and it occurs to me that people don't seem to understand what it means.  This is totally understandable because the meaning has dramatically shifted within the United States, specifically with respect to politics and legal requirements.

i don't think that partisan has changed that much. it means someone who has an interest in a side. it makes more sense when you see the definition in french: Celui qui est attaché à la fortune d’un parti. eg, your freedom fighters are the same as today's tea partiers since they are taking a stance in the 'us versus them' sort of way.

anyway, i would have hoped that an organization like wikileaks didn't care about the side. ie, they would be leaking stuff from whomever they could get stuff. they go after the 'big' targets because it gets them more press/noteriety/experience points/whatever.

\p