[Noisebridge-discuss] Free LP5DSM : Spektrum DSM2 Radio With Trainer Port - For EEG helicopter Guys?

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Sun Dec 12 03:59:32 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 02:35 PM, Corey McGuire wrote:
> I have a radio from a E-Flite CX2 that I am not using.  It might be
> attractive to the EEG folks because it has a trainer port (raw PPM)
> which is an easy way to route input through a transmitter with
> complete master controller input override.
>
> I will donate it, regardless, but I thought I'd mention it for the EEG
> Helicopter folks.

Corey-

     Wow thanks, that would be terrific!

     The specifications say that unit is a Spektrum DSM, which means its
a slightly earlier revision to the DSM2 we used for the last project:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/TechnicalSpecs.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1250

     It would be great to add support for another transmitter type to
the open source project. Do you still have the helicopter too? It would
be useful to test against the code at some future point (but not
necessary to start performing the development).

     Would you mind please dropping Miloh or myself a note whenever you
manage to bring it in, and where you left it? Or of course if you have
time and want to get involved we can see about coordinating a time.

     In any case it will go to good use, thanks again!

Cheers

Steve

--
Steve Castellotti