[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge: Death and Taxes

mfburdett at gmail.com mfburdett at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 04:50:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Shannon Lee <shannon at scatter.com> wrote:
> The short answer is, people not paying their dues.  We are getting on top of
> that... but we have less than half as many people paying dues as we need in
> order to make the space go.
> --S

Hi, since Noisebridge is using PayPal, it'd be pretty quick and easy
to setup PayPal IPN (instant payment notification) to track incoming
donations in a database, and display a wikipedia-style donation
thermometer on the noisebridge website (there should also be an LED
thermometer in the space, of course :)   we could also setup a form,
or data import script to get non-PayPal donations into the same
database.

Noisebridge could have an annual fundraising campaign or it could be
an ongoing fundraiser - since we know the monthly burn rate we could
display donations received in the past 30 days vs. the monthly target.

Yes I'd volunteer to set this up, but I'd need whoever has access to
the PayPal account to add a IPN URL into the account profile..

--mark B.