[Noisebridge-discuss] Distillation Class

Sean Cusack sean.p.cusack at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:10:05 UTC 2010

Not exactly sure what specifically we'll be distilling yet, but in general
you can distill all sorts of good things.

Distilling is a great way to extract essential oils out of fruits and
spices, remove nasty salt deposits from your tap water, and to fine tune
home made liquid infusions by concentration or removal of trace impurities
(just to name a few). You can also use a home still to make your own
biodiesel and split yourself from the BP oil grid!

At a basic level, a still is just a useful tool like any other. An axe is
also a useful tool which can also be used to do several illegal things,
however it is still really cool to know how to use an axe! Because of the
stigma that the guberment has associated with stills, there is little to no
information available about how to properly and safely operate one. By the
end of the class, I hope people will see how many cool things you can pull
off using a still, and can't *wait* to see what people decide to do with
that knowledge!

Sean