[Noisebridge-discuss] noisebridge propaganda - a tri-folder flyer

jim jim at systemateka.com
Tue Dec 21 21:24:32 UTC 2010

   it's pretty easy (long ago i did direct mail and was
successful, also i have a desktop publishing book out):
* what's the form factor? probably determined by the
  size of the envelope.
* probably best a single fold, not tri-panel.
* color and typeface is important, as is layout.
  noisebridge colors and logo probably should be
  incorporated. white type on black background has
  impact. use a simple Roman face: Times Roman is a
  very good face.
* headings and copy should be carefully written, i.e.
  re-written, simplified, reviewed.... don't say much,
  say what's vitally important.
* somehow try to capture their credit-card info and
  commitment for monthly payments, but also allow for
  one-time credit card payment as well as an enclosed
  check.
* be sure to get their contact info.
* envelop should be pre-addressed and post-paid to
  make the entire action as easy as possible.

   consider deprecating such remarks as "...do it". these
are peevish.
   on the other hand, it's irritating to get suggestions
that others do things. consider presenting ideas in a way
that expresses that you want to do something and are
hoping for some help.