[Noisebridge-discuss] Sleeping at NB

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Dec 23 00:15:28 UTC 2010

On 12/22/2010 03:22 PM, Patrick Keys wrote:
> Nobody likes a snitch.
> When you snitch on other people, ask yourself: who am I trying to impress?
> I'm more bothered by somebody being a snitch than the sleeping.
> There can't be freedom to do stuff if somebody is going to be a childish
> tattle-tale.
>
> Snitching about people napping here can only result in this place
> getting locked at night.
> And if/when that happens, alot of people (myself included), will just
> stop coming here altogether.
>
> I'll repeat myself:
> DON'T BE A SNITCH.

Long ago - someone drew with a sharpie on a sleeping person at 83c and
expected to be hailed as a hero. "Surely this is a good prank" the
person thought. Being an asshole to the sleeping party was generally
considered much worse.

It seems that it still holds true now. Photographing sleeping people at
Noisebridge is a total dick move. Putting it on the wiki is doubly so.

All the best,
Jake