[Noisebridge-discuss] Recently consensed members? and other note-taking woes

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Thu Dec 23 19:50:37 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 04:03:13AM -0800, Noisebridge Treasurer wrote:
> We really need to keep basic, regular records of this. I know that we
> shy away from public membership lists, but apparently simply entering
> things in the meeting notes is not sufficient. It doesn't help that
> the mediawiki search sucks balls:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Special:Search&search=meeting+notes&go=Go
> srsly? Can I at least get the newest pages first?

Yeah, really. :(  Sorry that feature sucks so badly.

This link is better:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes

> I have a lot on my plate right now so this isn't a high-priority fix
> for me, but it does need to get dealt with. In the meantime I will
> continue to track down new members on an individual basis, but it

It used to be the norm that after a meeting where a new member was
consensed, we'd send an email to treasurer@ and secretary at .  I
understand that email is kinda old school fuddy duddy for the kids these
days, but I still think that's the sanest system.

(Of course, I was at a recent meeting with a new member consensus and
didn't send that email, so I suck.)

-andy