[Noisebridge-discuss] Stuff I'd like to see happen at Noisebridge

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Tue Dec 28 22:41:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 10:24 -0800, rachel lyra hospodar wrote:

> I'd want to build an enclosure for the
> machine so that the only thing the person on the couch saw was a screen,
> no controls.  I am picturing something fairly elaborate, a sort of art
> installation phone booth magic talking seat.

    Okay that sounds pretty cool and makes a lot more sense from the
time-investment perspective (c:

    Just consider that whatever the physical presentation the software
will need to be compatible with existing chat clients and software if
people are going to call in -- or perhaps a custom Flash-based solution?
If ChatRoulette was written in a weekend perhaps there's some
enterprising young hacker at NB who can whip together the necessary
ActionScript?

    Last month the live video conference with the girl down in
Antarctica was pretty fun.

> I also am becoming fixated on the idea of chatroulette constantly running.

    The only problem with ChatRoulette is that someone who *wants* to
reach NB can't, it only connects random people. Also most of the time
the couch would be empty and everyone on the other end would have to
keep clicking away.

    That said you might enjoy checking out The ChatRoulette Show next
time they put on a production. I'm friends with Jonathon, the guy who
organizes it:

http://www.chatrouletteshow.com/

Cheers

Steve