[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge is awesome

d p fenn weasel at meer.net
Wed Dec 29 02:33:19 UTC 2010

"Dr. Jesus" <j at hug.gs> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Liz Henry <liz at bookmaniac.org> wrote:
>>
>> The front door buzzer's unreachability, and the way the elevator "works"
>> mean that wheelchair users will mostly need a person or two to help get
>> in and out of Noisebridge.  Buzzer: unreachable. Metal gates: difficult
>> to impossible to deal with from wheels. Elevator doors: Totally
>> impossible. Elevator not lining up with the floor: Very hard to
>> impossible for some power chair users.
>
> By buzzer, do you mean the intercom panel near the front door with the
> three buttons on it?  I don't see how it's unreachable at it's current
> height, but maybe I'm missing something.

i think it is that the are often obstructed by the grocer's fruit display.

\p
---
Men sometimes speak as though the progress of science must necessarily
be a boon to mankind, but that, I fear, is one of the comfortable
nineteenth century delusions which our more disillusioned age must
discard. - Bertrand Russell