[Noisebridge-discuss] Board of the Knowing

Corey McGuire coreyfro at coreyfro.com
Wed Dec 29 19:37:48 UTC 2010

I am in Redwood City, so I can deliver it to Menlo for the enterprising
Plasma Cutter.

I think boxshop has a CNC plasma cutter in Hunters Point.  I can ask Ray
over there.

If I remember correctly, it's about 4' x 4' with a little extra (it's an odd
cut, which is why we would need to cut it, regardless.)  I'll get the exact
measurements tonight.

Are people excited about this? Who has ideas for it?

I can help author.  I used to teach the CNC Plasma class at Techshop, but
I'm no longer a member.  Anyone who makes a simple vector graphic, I can
turn it in to a CNC path for easy cutting (I do all the lead in's by hand
and optimise the path manually using inkscape.)

Here are some of the pieces I've made:
http://www.coreyfro.com/sign/techshop3.jpg
http://www.coreyfro.com/sign/coreyfro_sign_front.jpg
http://www.coreyfro.com/heart/dscn2835.jpg