[Noisebridge-discuss] KMI hiring Electrical Engineer Level 1

Vlad Spears spears at 2secondfuse.com
Fri Feb 5 21:53:22 UTC 2010

My friend Barry Threw sent this to me asking if I knew of anyone who
might be interested in working for Keith McMillen Instruments in
Berkeley.  They're small, a good bunch, and make some great gear for
making music.  I know there are many on this list who easily cover the
skill set.  Reply to barry at keithmcmillen.com if you're interested. -Vlad

Job Description: Electrical Engineer Level 1
Job Location: Berkeley, CA

KMI is a Berkeley based company that designs, manufactures and markets
leading edge musical instruments.

This entry level position is perfect for a detail-oriented individual
with a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering
(preferred), mechanical engineering, applied mathematics or physics.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in small
groups/independently are required.

Requires 75% of the following skills:
-Microcontroller controlled analog circuit understanding.
-Reading and understanding schematics.
-Basic circuit trouble shooting.
-Design, assemble and test prototype systems.
-Documentation and test report generation.
-Ability to work well in small groups/independently.
-Ability to multi-task and provide value in an inter-disciplinary team
environment.
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
-Reading datasheets.
-Reordering parts / inventory.

Bench skills a must.
     -SMT Soldering
     -Hot air rework
     -Familiarity with use of electrical test equipment (i.e.,
multimeter, oscilloscope)

www.keithmcmillen.com

Hours: pt/ft
Pay: $12 - $20 /hr

Benefits: Compensation commensurate with experience. Room to learn and
build skill set with fun and cutting edge technology.