[Noisebridge-discuss] February 2010 Five Minutes of Fame pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:34:24 UTC 2010

Gooooooooood afternoon Noisebridge!

Wow. Has it really been a year? And what an amazing year.

I started the event homeless and unemployed, as something fun to do to make
friends and learn stuff. And now it's turned into a community.

The two people who deserve probably the most thanks for last night are Ani
Niow and J. Fox Circe. Ani came down with strep throat days before the
event, and when we were desperate and needed help, Fox came through and
basically saved the event. Without his help, last night probably wouldn't
have happened. They worked together through what has now become an arduous
task of preparing the slides and videos, and really pulled off something
amazing. Thank you guys.

Others who deserve thanks: Miloh and Naomi, who ran the video recording.
Autumn and Sierra, who helped bring champagne. Erin and Stella, who helped
pass out the champagne at the end. Alex and V, who set up the crazy telethon
idea and brought cake. Meli, who brought cake and cupcakes. All the
speakers, and most importantly, everyone who attended and created one of the
most amazing vibes we've ever had.

So, one last, very important parting note. For a year, we've managed to kind
of pull this event off, and sometimes it's been kind of last minute,
sometimes we've had bizarre problems pop up, but it's always mostly worked.
I think that now it's big enough that we want to reach out to the community
and see who wants to help, contribute, suggest and improve. In this, we're
going to start doing a 5MoF meetup group once a month in the offweeks, where
anyone can come and help plan for the next one. We're still fleshing out
details for how it'll work, but I'll post another email with more
information to the list soon.

Thanks again for helping to create such a great event.

Until next month,
aestetix