[Noisebridge-discuss] Distributed number crunching for good?

Lee Sonko lee at lee.org
Tue Feb 2 09:56:23 UTC 2010

Each computer's milage may vary but according to a kill-a-watt I borrowed,
my 7 year old 3ghz P4 computer draws 122 watts when idle and 192 watts when
running SETI at Home.

Wow, compare that to the 10 watt idle of the laptop I got this month.

I don't mention this to disuade, just to inform. Distributed number
crunching is a good thing!

lee