[Noisebridge-discuss] Door bell

Blaine Forbort b.forbort at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 21:54:04 UTC 2010

ok, so it seems like some individuals are REALLY against the RFID idea.
Personally, I'm not really sure how a serial number and an approved serial
number list equates to tracking your every move.  Especially if you don't
keep a list of who has what serial number, or don't bother to make your RFID
reader keep log information.  As far as someone scanning your card from
across the street, why would someone go through the trouble of using such a
sophisticated attack, when they can just point a camera out a window and see
your face?

So here's another idea: how about we hook up the VoIP system to allow us to
activate the gate with our cellphones.  You could call the noisebridge VoIP
line and punch in an extension number that would activate a relay and open
the gate.

Simple solution that would prevent anyone from having to wait 10 minutes to
get inside again.

Blaine