[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Lending Library?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Mon Feb 8 23:13:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:

>   do i read correctly that you're suggesting stickers
> on things, including books, to indicate some kind of
> status (e.g. lendable but bring it back, on-premises,
> take it and burn it for all we care...)?
>   either way, i like it.

Exactly so.

The point being that (like CC licensing for digital stuff), the original
owner can easily indicate their intent in a simple and standardized way.

No need to have some sort of big tracking system (just open the cover); easy
to track them down (if they write their contact info there); easy to know
whether or not this thing is OK to turn into a giant stripper pole / robot.

Independently, NB may or may not want to have a policy of required minimums
(e.g. stuff not on personal shelves should not be labeled 'mine'; maybe the
library only accepts books labeled 'borrow me') but that's independent.

This is just meant to be a way to communicate intent, not to enforce it.

- Sai