[Noisebridge-discuss] Google 1gigabit Fiber for Communities....

Ian Atha thatha at thatha.org
Wed Feb 10 21:11:42 UTC 2010

I'm definitely down for that. It seems like they're going after
_communities_, as in small towns, and might be less interested in
giving the tubes to a non-profit in the middle of San Francisco.
Perhaps we could persuade them better by promising more community
sharing, or something of the sort?

For the people who might be concerned about their privacy: this would
be opt-in--it doesn't have to replace our current Sonic uplink.
Lastly, people can always use VPN.

It looks like we should file a "request for information" form. While
the submission must come from one person, we can fill out the form as
a community. Edit the wiki!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/GoogleFiber