[Noisebridge-discuss] [Space] a riddle for you all

Ozzy Satori ozzymandi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 23:18:50 UTC 2010

Yeah, and up in such thin atmosphere, it makes sense that the two falling
components stayed relatively close to one another until atmospheric drag
provided a force to separate them based on drag.

I'm _really_ interested by this tendency to stabilize during descent.
 Perhaps my mucking around with exotic statically stable supersonic
aerodynamics is a bit excessive- but even a basic finned teardrop shape
could provide a nice stable camera platform for a hella cool return video,
(Say, Flip HD video of the stabilized dive-bomb from burst altitude to 10k,
followed by an arduino-based parachute release?)

Just thinking out loud.
-Ozzy