[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Executive Director

Vlad Spears spears at 2secondfuse.com
Sat Feb 27 17:19:15 UTC 2010

On Feb 27, 2010, at 8:16 AM, Jeffrey Malone wrote:

> For those not at the meeting, here's a very brief review of what
> happened, as there doesn't appear to be meeting notes posted anywhere:
>
> - Mitch was blocked from becoming ED.
>
> Also, I'd like to remind people, that no person will be everyone's
> favourite choice for the job.  Consensus is not about approving, but
> specifically not disapproving.

I'm in NOLA at the moment, and was unable to attend.  At the risk of
more drama but for the benefit of members like me, can someone go into
detail on who blocked Mitch and why?  I'd like to know since as we're
now looking for a new candidate I have to assume the differences
someone has with Mitch were stated as irreconcilable.

Short of personal ambition, I'm having a difficult time imagining why
someone would have an irreconcilable objection to Mitch.  I think he
would be an exceptional Executive Director, both in the limited
responsibilities an Executive Director at Noisebridge has to fulfill
and as a representative at large for Noisebridge in the hackerspace
world.

Vlad