[Noisebridge-discuss] [Darkroom] Search for a infrared spotlight

Blake Barrett Blake at BlakeBarrett.net
Sat Feb 27 04:01:19 UTC 2010

He is indeed on the darkroom list (they call him, "Blake").

These are what I was talking about:
http://www.google.com/products?q=Infrared+Heat+Lamps&hl=en
The ones in my bathroom at 500 Watt and super bright.
When I put my IR filter on my un-modded Canon DSLR I can take IR photos in
there with an exposure of ~3 seconds.
My cheap-o Canon A700 (space cam) with the same IR filter takes pictures as
if there was no filter at all.
It probably has some cancer enriching particles, but it is nice when you get
out of the shower, or when you want to take pictures with interesting light:
http://jpgmag.com/photos/2145414

-Blake
http://blakebarrett.net

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Kelly <hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com> wrote:

> Daylight bulbs work pretty well.  I have a few.  We might be able to
> pick up some stronger ones at the hardware store.
>
> Also, I remember one of the newer guys talking about having a light in
> his bathroom that is super high in the IR range.  I'm forgetting his
> name... Hope he's on the darkroom list.
>
> -K
>
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 00:12, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:
> > Anyone got one? Mind loaning it to me for Saturday night?
> >
> > --
> > Rubin Abdi
> > rubin at starset.net

Blake