[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking geek advice: firefox+vimerator or chrom?

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:12:27 UTC 2010

I have a geek dilemma, and I my usual sources of advice won't understand
the geek nuances present, so I'm turning to you.

I finally got tired of Firefox crashing or hogging all memory and CPU
and forcing me to kill it, so I tried Chrome. I've been using it for
about a week and I love it.

Today I discovered Vimperator, a plugin for Firefox which provides
vi-like navigation and browsing. Apart from being wonderfully geeky, it
allows me to do everything browser related without removing my hands
from the keyboard. After 30 some years of using vi, I'm pretty quick
with it.

So which to chose? The stability and speed of Chrome or the freedom from
the mouse of Firefox + Vimperator?