[Noisebridge-discuss] SparkFun FREE day on Jan 7th

Shannon Clark shannon.clark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:34:12 UTC 2010

I'm not much of a hardware hacker... but I know there are more than a few
folks at Noisebridge who are... :)

SparkFun is having a fun & very generous offer on Jan 7th - see
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=305 for the details.

A few specific caveats to get the most value out of this generous offer for
NoiseBridge...

The offer is $100 in FREE stuff (ie physical stuff not gift cards etc) PER
household (rainchecks allowed for popular items)

Orders have to be placed on Jan 7th - and the offer lasts until 11pm OR
$100,000 worth of orders are placed

Note the "per household" - I'd thus suggest that no one at Noisebridge
should have packages from SparkFun mailed to Noisebridge so that every
member (or non-member) can take advantage.

I know I'll probably use this offer to get a few items I've wanted to play
with but haven't had the time/money to spare to try (perhaps an arduino or a
project kit or two or some general parts, tools etc). I'm sure others can
suggest items & parts to pick up.

Their intention with this is to give back and very specifically to support
many great projects without having to decide themselves which projects to
support - so I think folks at NoiseBridge should definitely take them up on
the support....

Shannon