[Noisebridge-discuss] ubuntu 8.04 arduino 0017 ATmega328

Larry Platzek larryp at inow.com
Thu Jan 14 17:45:37 UTC 2010

I have ubuntu 8.05 386 and do not want to upgrade the whole system untill$
I lose both. Can you tell/email me how to obtain and install newer gcc-avr
and $

Thank you for any/all help!

The lines below are from http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/Linux

  Installing Arduino on Linux

For more detailed instructions, pick your distribution: Ubuntu, Debian,
Gentoo,$

Requirements

You will need to install some programs to use Arduino under Linux (the way
you $

     * sun's java runtime (JRE, package sun-java6-jre)
     * avr-gcc (aka "gcc-avr"), version 4.3.2 or later
           o Version 4.3.0 has a major bug which affects multiplication of
long $
--version" and upgrade if necessary.
           o Versions prior to 4.3.0 do not support the ATmega328 (which
comes o$
or Etch (Debian) and previous will need to upgrade their version of
avr-gcc.
     * avr-libc

Larry Platzek  larryp at inow.com