[Noisebridge-discuss] The Next HOPE

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:26:44 UTC 2010

Me and Aestetix are helping organize The Next HOPE, a really nice hacker conference, put on by the 2600 folks, that happens every two years in New York City.

HOPE, by the way, stands for:  Hackers On Planet Earth

The Next HOPE is July 16th through July 18th.

I hope all of you will consider going.  My enjoyment of HOPE6, my first hacker conference, is what got me into this whole hacker scene.  And each HOPE conference is better than the one before it.

The Last HOPE (in 2008) had a huge Hackerspace Village, part of which was a huge hardware hacking area that I set up (and will set up again, only bigger this summer).

Other hackerspaces contributed lots of cool projects at The Last HOPE.

Since there are hundreds more hackerspaces now than there were 18 months ago, for The Next HOPE we're hoping to have a way cooler Hackerspace Village.  We've given the Hackerspace Village a central location this year, and a lot more space.

So, we need cool projects!  What can Noisebridge people create that would be totally awesome to show the world?  We can have lots of individual's projects, as well as any number of collaborative projects.

What ideas do you have that you think would be cool to show the world?

Cheers,

Mitch.