[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame January 2010 pillowtalk

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 23:43:54 UTC 2010

Gooooooooooooooood afternoon Noisebridge!

Once again, you guys all rock. This month we had the unfortunate visit of a
C&D letter, but thanks to the Noisebridge family we're sticking around.

I owe a lot to the following people: Jacob Appelbaum, Corynne McSherry (of
the EFF), Shannon Lee, Autumn Tyr-Salvia, and Fox "Metaphorge" Circe. It is
because of people like them that Noisebridge exists, and persists.
Seriously, I'm not sure what I would have done without them. Thank you so
much.

Next, thanks to Ani Niow, our "slide girl", Miloh and James, who set up the
audio/video and streaming, the speakers, and everyone who came together and
helped set up and break down. The routine is getting easier to work with,
and it's allowing us to play with really fun experiments, like crazy intro
videos.

Speaking of the intro video, a lot of people were asking what they were. The
first video was the opening sequence of Orson Welles' "The Trial", and the
last was a film called "The Existentialist" directed by Leon Prochnik. I
highly recommend checking out other works by both of them.

Finally, thank you to everyone who showed up and supported the event.
Without you, none of this could happen.

Until next month,
aestetix

PS: next month is our year anniversary. We will have something special for
everyone.