[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking geek advice: firefox+vimerator or chrom?

Brian Johnson noisebridge at dogtoe.com
Sun Jan 3 09:01:12 UTC 2010

To be honest, I've been non-satisfied with Chrome's lack of decent
extensions. Adblock+, Web Developer Toolbar, and Greasmonkey are extensions
that I cannot find on Chrome. (Yes, Adblock exists, but its not the same and
Greasemetal is not compatible with half of the scripts on userscripts.org)

It also seems that recent versions of Chrome builds end up having lots of
regressions that cause stupid shit like XMLHttpRequest to cause memory leaks
(specifically after leaving Google Reader open in the background). As much
as I hate AJAX and stupid websites (looking at you Facebook) that abuse it,
the memory leak issue is a real problem for me because more and more
websites are using AJAX like it's some sort of fad. I have stuck with
Firefox's performance issues because, surprisingly, it seems that Firefox
has been more stable than Chrome has been (lately).

I say, stick with Firefox and do what you can to reduce its footprint on
your system until Chrome becomes more mature.

- Brian