[Noisebridge-discuss] How do you secure your public wifi usage?

Sai Emrys noisebridge at saizai.com
Sun Jan 3 12:00:49 UTC 2010

SSH + Proxifier, as I wrote to list recently.

Of course this only makes my connection security issues delegated to
my proxy server rather than my hotspot, so SSL etc are still required,
but it's still good.

I've used FoxyProxy, but IMO proxifier is better because it's
significantly more comprehensive; FP is leaky and in any event only
covers Firefox, rather than also the multiple other programs that
access the 'net (e.g. Adium, Skype, etc).

- Sai