[Noisebridge-discuss] How do you secure your public wifi usage?

Brian Johnson noisebridge at dogtoe.com
Thu Jan 7 17:06:57 UTC 2010

Just a friendly reminder that if you use Firefox and do not use a
system-wide proxy program like Proxifier, but instead manually specify a
SOCKS proxy, you should change the advanced configuration setting (in
about:config) *network.proxy.socks_remote_dns* (set it to true). Otherwise
DNS will be outside of the proxy, but Internet traffic will be inside.

- Brian