[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo source?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sat Jan 9 17:30:51 UTC 2010

> Underground logo.
>=20
> And frankly, while CCC are cool ppl and all, I don't see how that is a =
=20
> selling point. Especially not when the logo produced doesn't even look =
=20
> all that clean and nice.
>=20
> Was there something wrong with the old logo? Or did ppl just get =20
> carried away after 26c3?

The new logo doesn't _replace_ the old logo; it's a complementary logo.
People should make new logos all the time! We don't need to idolize the
old symbols forever. :-)

The style of the logo is actually part of the statement. Clean and nice
were not the design goal. The CCC star logo is clean and nice because
that's both part of their aesthetic and the logo they played off of. The
WU logo is totally a different aesthetic but just as our vision of
society isn't theirs, this new logo isn't entirely related either.

Best,
Jake