[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo = terrorism?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sat Jan 9 18:36:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Jonathan Foote wrote, On 20100109 190417:
> > They may have had cool logos, but let's not forget the RAF and the
> > Weather Underground committed acts of violence against civilians.
> > The RAF killed 34 people in bombings and shootings. The WU was
> > clueless as well as well as violent, killing its own members with an
> > ineptly constructed nail bomb.
> >
> > None of this constitutes excellence in my book.
>
> In the true nature of Fuck All, I'd like to point out that electricity
> has killed countless millions in the history of humans.

Electricity didn't set out an organized bombing campaign to do so.
 Intentionality, motherfucker, have you heard of it?

I don't think "San Francisco hacker values" includes "Let's kill people to
make our point," but maybe that's me being out of the loop.  Then again, the
current red-and-black theme does hark back to 20th century fascism.

Most importantly, though, the new logo looks like shit.  The old one was
nice, crisp,and clean.  The new one was apparently Best In Show at a second
grade coloring competition.  If we're going to change logos, let's at least
make it more attractive by doing so.
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com