[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo = terrorism?

erin erin at j-fan.com
Sat Jan 9 21:45:19 UTC 2010

What's so wrong with having our own, unique identity (ie. the original logo)?  I don't see what a bunch of people getting together to learn and create things has to do with violence and politics.  If someone wants to create a left-wing politics subgroup, then go for it.  But a few people's politics should not represent the whole organization.  To me, the hacker ethic has to do with creating new things, not destroying other people's creations.

And why is there such a need to be like the CCC and the european hacker clubs?  They are obviously great, and as an organization its great emulate their good qualities, but logo-copying makes noisebridge look like a bunch of wannabes.