[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo = terrorism?

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 03:12:56 UTC 2010

I think it's great to have different logos, different "faces" of
Noisebridge.  I've thought about designing a new logo myself from time to
time, if only I had the skill to make it.  I think this is a great thing to
get the ball rolling with other folks to express what their idea of
Noisebridge is about.

I think what bothers me, and perhaps a lot of other people, is the placement
of the new logo on the wiki.  It's kind of a privileged location for a logo.
 My question is, is this location for the logo a place that a single
interpretation of Noisebridge should be placed?  Although I think the new
logo is cool, I can think of about a half dozen reasons, not the least of
which is we clearly don't have a consensus on its merits, why this logo
shouldn't be our foremost representation, which is what's implied by the
wiki.

Does this make sense?

Christie
_______
Getting to the bottom of the hill is convenient. The view from the top of
the hill is stunning. Where would you choose to live?