[Noisebridge-discuss] [drama] New logo source?

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jan 12 22:39:25 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 01:51:06PM -0800, Kelly wrote:
> Wow, so that was on the homepage. I've not yet gotten anything but the
> WU logo there.

Yes, the logo on the wiki is randomly changing, but it's not clear to me
how good the randomization is.

> As far as a secure way to add logos, maybe we could just have people
> upload and then have a secure person add it?  Would ops be willing to
> take this on?  Seems like it should be some official contactable
> source that's not specific individuals.

I'm probably going to delete the pony from the pool (adorable though it
is), and I can add more images as necessary.

> And in the meantime, can we see the code that's running this randomizer?

$images = array("https://www.noisebridge.net/wunderground-noisebridge.png","https://www.noisebridge.net/Pissingponynb-131.png", "https://www.noisebridge.net/NB-logo-red-black-med.png");
$rand_keys = array_rand($images, 2);
$wgLogo = $images[$rand_keys[0]];

(Damn, I don't read PHP.  What the hell does array_rand mean?  No, don't
answer that.)

-andy