[Noisebridge-discuss] The Next HOPE

Daniel Packer dp at danielpacker.org
Tue Jan 19 06:12:27 UTC 2010

Hey Mitch,

I've never been to the baltimore node and I hear you're supposed to be there
this weekend. Maybe I'll make a trip up!

I'm working on a low cost version of an ECG amp front that can be assembled
as a kit. Once that's working I'll refine it with an instrumentation amp and
add more electrodes. Then I have to work on ADC and signals processing. I
have a Xilinx Spartan-3E board with some onboard ADC hardware that might
work well as a processing host with the picoblaze soft processor loaded up.
Still ironing out the kinks in getting my computer to talk to the board
though ;) I'm also interested in what cheap microcontrollers might be able
to handle.

EEG seems considerably more ambitious than ECG, but I'd like to move onto
EEG once I get the hang of ECG for sure.

I'm open to working on any kind of human machine interface project, but this
is what I'm focusing on right now as an entry point into bio signals. I'd be
interested in biofeedback related stuff, driving robots or other systems
with the heart signal, etc.

-Daniel