[Noisebridge-discuss] CNC mill

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jan 19 20:54:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:18:28AM -0800, Jean-Michel Moreau wrote:
> I'd like to make the CNC mill more accurate and awesome.   I posted
> plans on the wiki (CNC page).  Basically the plan is:

I guess that's
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/MaxNCMill

> A. Get it more accurate
> 1. clean, lube, wax
> 2. replace some broken and or missing parts
> 3. make better an x-axis motor mount
> 4. Replace x-axis gib if needed.
>
> B. Make a fixturing system for dual sided PCBs
> 1. Machine a plate with locating features.
> 2. Take pictures and make a how-to
>
> I'm hoping to mess with it this Friday.  Everybody cool with this? I'm
> new to noisebridge, so I'm not 100% sure how these things work.
> Feedback?

That sounds like a good idea to me.  Rachel may be able to help with the
how-to if you want to put it on Instructibles.  I know Ani was doing a
bunch of work with the mill, and I know a few other people were, too.

If you can make it to the meeting tonight there will probably be people
interested in discussing what needs to be done, and as you probably know
Friday is a good day to meet people interested in the shop in general.

As long as you're willing to hear people's concerns and have a
reasonable plan for moving forward, generally Noisebridge is a good
place to do things rather than talking about them forever before doing
anything. :)  (It's great if you can then document what you've done,
either by posting to -discuss, a blog, or the wiki.)

-andy