[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Calendar

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Fri Jan 22 02:57:17 UTC 2010

Jeff Younker wrote, On 20100121 164819:
> Which I translate "less dependable than any major hosted solution."  Or
> to put it another way, "flakey(ish)".

I pay Dreamhost a yearly rate to host my sites, email, jabber, etc.
Their down time as a host has been the worst I've ever had to deal with
in my life.

> There are very good reasons for using external services.  Notably that
> they pay people to make sure the systems stay online.

Noisebridge is a space hosted locally, maintained and operated by its
members.

I personally would be down with spending money derived from our member
dues and donations to have a corporate entity run our space without
telling us how they operate, nor giving us an easy option to move back
into doing it ourselves, all the while making a buck and a half off of
us.</sarcasm>

Let's build, create, execute and operate on our own terms from our own
people before resorting to outside of the community solutions, no matter
how free or easy or reliable it might be.

Sure things might not work 100% of the time, that's ok. This is
Noisebridge, we're here to make mistakes and learn from them. :)

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net