[Noisebridge-discuss] NoisyCalendary

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Sun Jan 24 02:52:57 UTC 2010

Ever Falling wrote:
> i'm not sure a calender (something that deals with planning and resources,
> both of which would need names behind them to make sure people have a point
> of contact for collaborating and organizing with them) can be done with
> anonymous editing. i think we should try a set up that requires some sort of
> identification and then see if anything pops up that makes a valid reason
> for needing anonymity. slapping it in there by default seems unwise to me. i
> think noisebridge seems to want its cake and eat it too when it comes to
> "anonymity + anything else" but that's a whole different discussion
> altogether.

I firmly disagree. Anonymity in this case is possibly location anonymity
(where the editor is editing from) and/or a possibly lack of login
credentials (sometimes you want to make a change but you're unable or
unwilling to login). We currently allow both kinds of anonymity on the
Wiki. It Works Just Fine (TM) and seems to be auto-correcting for most
things that aren't going so well.

Why would a calendar on our wiki be any different?

Best,
Jake