[Noisebridge-discuss] Best strategy and currency for foreign travel..

karen marcelo karen at srl.org
Mon Jan 25 11:55:46 UTC 2010

i found out the hard way but american banks are so paranoid these days that if you start using your credit card in some other country they assume your card is stolen and will shut it down after a couple purchases (or ATM).  they told me that now you have to call the bank nanny before you leave and tell them where you're going.    they didnt like my answer either when i said just assume i'll be going to random countries on the spur of the moment this whole year so if i dont call you to report my card stolen, assume that really is me using it.  as far as i know my ATM card is still locked.