[Noisebridge-discuss] NoisyCalendary

Vlad Spears spears at 2secondfuse.com
Tue Jan 26 00:28:37 UTC 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 4:06 PM, jim wrote:

>   the latest is that providing contact info is optional.
> so how can that hurt?
>
>   recent discussion shows that contact info helps others
> add info about the event.

Recent discussion shows that people think it is helpful, but not how
it actually is.

>   your example of an abandoned claim suggests others
> might want to contact the claimant to verify that the
> resource is again available.

I won't know it's abandoned unless I am in the space or hear from
someone in the space that this time slot is free even though it's
still in the calendar, so how would I know I want it?  Unless I'm
paying attention to the calendar and comparing it to use, I probably
won't even notice it.  After enough people notice a slot is un-used,
it will get taken off the calendar, either by its scheduler or people
who have decided to rectify its scheduler's forgetfulness or
unexcellent behavior.  A scheduler totally unknown to Noisebridge
other than the contact info provided on NoiseCal is an entirely
different problem of broken community.

Either way, this hasn't been a problem yet, so why is it needed now?

>  that contact info is optional seems to add to the value
> of an event calendar;

I'm fine with this, as long as it's indicated as optional.

Vlad