[Noisebridge-discuss] NoisyCalendary

Ian Atha thatha at thatha.org
Tue Jan 26 02:01:53 UTC 2010

Our extension. :P.

I am starting to like this stream-of-consciousness mailing likst thing.

On Jan 25, 2010 5:56 PM, "Leif Ryge" <leif at synthesize.us> wrote:

Disclosure: I haven't head most of this thread today - OMG TLDR, sorry.

On 01/25/2010 02:34 PM, jim wrote: > i don't get the objection to some kind
of contact > inform...
My objection is that it encourages people to think that groups belong to
or are led by individuals, which need not necessarily be the case.

Circuit-Hacking Mondays were started by Mitch, but you don't need his
permission to hack circuits on Mondays when he is out of town. I like it
that https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Circuit_Hacking_Mondays says

What: Weekly get-together to solder stuff!
When: 7:00pm till ?? -- Every Monday (it is totally fine to come late!)
Most projects take about 1.5 to 2 hours
Where: Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St., San Francisco, 94114 (at 18th St.,
near 16th St. BART station). Map: Getting_Here
Who: You! Anyone can learn this fun and useful skill. <------awesome.

So, based on the plan for Ian's NoiseCal extension, when it is live
we'll need to change the When field to have an ISO 8601 formatted date
(but we should allow comments after the properly formatted date in this
field), and change Where to "Electronics area at Noisebridge" or
something like that, and otherwise we can leave this page as it is now.
(Well, we'll also need to rename the "What? Where?" section heading to
say "Event details", or, perhaps NoiseCal should look for event info
under a "What? Where?" heading instead?)

~leif