[Noisebridge-discuss] When is it cool to ping?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Mon Jul 12 23:31:59 UTC 2010

I want to be excellent... Please help me do that.

I have sent a list request for a new list for tastebridge (on behalf of
Frantisek). I sent this to rack. But, since I am not on the rack list, my
emails were held for moderator approval. I thought, "cool, I'll wait." But,
let me be certain -- do moderators actually review the rack list, or is it
thrown away by default?

I want to follow-up, but I want to do it excellently with an open mind that
these things may just take time...  It's been a few days now, maybe it takes
longer..

Either way, I'm sending this into the ether so everyone can help set my
expectation...

Here's my original request (with names trimmed so they aren't in the public
domain):

To create a new email/listserv list, I am following these instructions:

> Send a nice email (and optionally flowers) to rack at lists.noisebridge.net to
request a list for your noisebridge project. Include
>  ▪ the list name
> ▪ the email address that should be list owner
> ▪ a short description of what the list is about

Please find the following:

Flowers (Geek Flowers of course :):

http://media.onsugar.com/files/ons1/192/1922507/34_2009/8c593c7aae4340e5_fire-flowers.jpg

Name of the list:
    tastebridge

The Email Address that should be list owner:
    glen at glenjarvis.com

A short description of what the list is about:
    For those interested in using bacterial cultures to create tasty things.
Current subjects include, but are not limited to, Kombucha, Yogurt, Kiefer,
Fermenting Milk, and a honey drink (called cooler).

I can subscribe the following individuals (or you can -- whichever is
easier):

[snip]

Let me know if there's anything else that either I or Frantisek could
provide to make this easier for you.

Cheers,

Cheers,

Glen
--
Whatever you can do or imagine, begin it;
boldness has beauty, magic, and power in it.

-- Goethe