[Noisebridge-discuss] Member seeks roommate 2 blocks from Noisebridge

Patrick Lake pat at patsanimation.com
Thu Jul 15 07:35:10 UTC 2010

Hi list readers,

I'm seeking someone to share my apartment 2 blocks from the space.  I'm a new paying member.  Not a regular reader, so I apologize if this annoys in any way.

$950 room for rent in ground floor 2BR with garden, for Aug. 1

Located in the Mission near 16th and South Van Ness.  Within a few blocks there's Safeway, Rainbow Grocery, the 16th Street strip of restaurants, Bart and Muni.  It's central to many downtown destinations within a 10-15 minute bike ride.

The room is in the only ground floor apartment of a 5-unit building.  It's 10 x 12 and has a window on the yard and a closet.  Shared space includes living room with another closet, kitchen with gas stove/dishwasher and ample counter space, and a bathroom.  There's a large back yard with a patio and fenced in 10 x 15 garden, currently unused and free for you to plant. It's the only apartment that opens on the back, so the yard is quiet and unused except for occasional dog runs from upstairs neighbors.  For drivers, there's street parking or $150 monthly spaces at a locked lot on the block.  A laundry room with pay machines is across the hall.

Apartment will be shared with a 32 year old, self-employed creative professional.  My business is bicycle-based rare book dealer, which supports independent animation, and sometimes professional animation for TV and movies.  Please say a little about yourself, and be compatible to live with someone who works at home.  There are currently no pets here, but well behaved pets are welcome, and will get free care if you're gone working in the day.

$950/month + split bills (average around $50-60 per person.) Ready for Aug 1 move in. Requires credit check, first/last/security, and some references.

Best, Patrick
716-352-0287