[Noisebridge-discuss] Polycom videoconferencing units

travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org travis+ml-noisebridge at subspacefield.org
Sat Jul 24 21:44:56 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I have two Polycom PVS-1419 videoconferencing units that I'm willing
to donate here pretty soon.

I'm toying with the idea of donating one to Noisebridge and another to
Ace Monster Toys, since I'm in East Bay, to increase cooperation,
although I'm open to suggestions.  I do want to make sure they get put
to good use, as right now they're doing nothing.

They're pretty neat, with web-controllable interfaces, IR remotes,
pan-zoom-tilt, 20x optical zoom, and so on.

Downside is that composite RCA outputs are grainy, S-video is good,
but no HDMI, and it talks the H.323 protocol I think, which is kinda
old and hard to firewall, but if anyone can get good use out of them
I figure Hackerspaces could...
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction