[Noisebridge-discuss] N00b question - changing power supply voltage

jim jim at well.com
Fri Jul 2 17:19:45 UTC 2010

   a dc-to-dc converter! great idea. given the
description of the "pelt", probably no conditioning
is needed other than possibly switching noise
backing up into and possibly through the supply
(i.e. the non-load side of the converter).

   as to practicality, there's weird stuff and a
variety of smallish electronics suppliers that
usually specialize (audio, music, ham radio...)
that might have a 12VDC transformer with sufficient
current capability--that and a couple of diodes
might be enough. for a transformer you might take
a look at local electrical suppliers (e.g. b and k
on division or maltby's on 7th near folsom).